Ireland is a key global location for the pharmaceutical industry. Foreign direct investment for the pharmaceutical sector is forty years old with Squibb (now Bristol-Myers Squibb) being the first pharmaceutical company to locate in Ireland in 1964. Currently thirteen of the top fifteen companies in the world have substantial operations in Ireland. More than 17,000 people are employed directly in the industry.
Ireland is now one of the world's largest exporters of pharmaceuticals with €34 billion of intermediates and finished pharmaceuticals exported in 2002. Six out of ten and twelve out of 25 of the world's top selling drugs are produced in Ireland including Lipitor and Zocor. Products are manufactured for global markets.
Many of the pharmaceutical companies in Ireland have established multiple activities, including
Fermentation e.g. Schering-Plough, Wyeth
API e.g. Merck, Pfizer, Yamanouchi,
Sterile Fill/Finish e.g. Genzyme, Allergan
Formulation e.g. Wyeth, Takeda, Pfizer
Shared Services/ Supply Chain Management e.g. Allergan, Pfizer, Novartis
R&D/ Process Development e.g. Wyeth, GlaxoSmithKline, Bristol- Myers Squibb
The sector has become increasingly integrated in recent years. Early investment in fine chemical plants producing bulk active materials has been followed by investment in finished product pharmaceuticals. Many plants are now engaged in product development for Irish and other plants.
This report comprises full profile information for each company, including:
- Full Company Contact Information – Addresses, Telephone and Fax numbers, Emails, Websites
- Key Company Decision Makers – from CEO and Main Board to Key Senior Managers
- Specialised Fields such as Employment, Company Activities, Turnover, Year Established, Ownership
- SIC and NAICS Classifications
Report Target Market:
(1) Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Companies - Usage: Competitive/Financial Analysis and Partner/Alliance Identification
(2) Suppliers to Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Companies - Usage: Identification of Top Potential Customers and Key Decision Makers
(3) Pharmaceutical Distributors/Wholesalers/Retailers - Usage: Identification of Suppliers
Research Facts' reports help you make informed decisions about the markets and firms that affect your business:
REMEMBER only 3% on antidepressants link Leonie Fennell blog