blogs created to prevent or detect a crime http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1997/ukpga_19970040_en_1

This blog is brougt to you consistent with subsection 3 of the Protection from Harassment Act - i.e. blogs created to prevent or detect a crime http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1997/ukpga_19970040_en_1



Monday 30 March 2009

Seroxat is a "brilliant" drug which gives people their lives back, according to Panorama viewer




Seroxat gave me my life back

Dawn Daly says the drug worked for her

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/panorama/3012473.stm

Seroxat is a "brilliant" drug which gives people their lives back, according to one Panorama viewer.



Dawn Daly wrote to Panorama after the first Seroxat programme because she was annoyed at what she saw as the negative portrayal of the anti-depressant.
She was put on Seroxat after suffering from panic attacks and says the experience has done her nothing but good.
Dawn added that as she watched the first programme she thought: "What I watched on the programme didn't relate at all to my experiences having taken Seroxat. It was almost as if they were taking a completely different drug to what I take."
Praise
It has helped me tremendously
Dawn DalyShe said that taking the drug had a marked effect on her condition, adding: "I had more enthusiasm to do my job, to carry out day to day tasks.
"I had more confidence in dealing with things that previously stressed me out. And basically it felt as if I'd been given my life back."
And despite being on the drug for five years, Dawn says she has never experienced any suicidal thoughts and in fact has nothing but praise for Seroxat.
"I know several people that are taking Seroxat - family and friends, and it's greatly improved their lives," she said.
"If I were to give a message to Glaxo SmithKline it would be that it's a brilliant drug. It has helped me tremendously, " added Dawn.
"But you need to look at the side effects - if there's anything that can be done for withdrawal, where people don't need to be on it for a long time."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.