blogs created to prevent or detect a crime http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1997/ukpga_19970040_en_1

This blog is brougt to you consistent with subsection 3 of the Protection from Harassment Act - i.e. blogs created to prevent or detect a crime http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1997/ukpga_19970040_en_1



Saturday 28 February 2009

Dear Tony - from Bob or should that be Sob or Slob?

source - http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk.people.disability/browse_thread/thread/c70f56cc3553885?hl=en-GB&ie=UTF-8&q=fiddaman+1998


Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like your assistance in the following matter.


I was employed by Land Rover in October 1989 and subsequently subscribed to
the T&G Union.


In 1996 I was diagnosed with Osteoarthritis of both hips and after a spell
off work was placed on the long term absence register.


In 1998, Rover were offering their employees redundancy packages due to a
cut back in the work force for financial reasons. Because o the prospect of
me returning to work were slim I offered myself for voluntary redundancy. To
my utter disbeleif I was told that I could not apply for voluntary
redundancy because I was on the long term absence register! Apparently, the
T&Ghave a consolidated agreement which prevents members on the long term
absence register applying for voluntary redundancy.


I applied for ill health early retirement but my application was turned down
by the Rover trustees because it was deemed that I did not meet the
criteria.


In Febuary 1999 I was deemed fit to work by the DHSS so I offered my
servicesto Rover stating that I could work, allbeit in a different capacity.
I was told vehermently by Julie Kane, Operations Manager, that there was no
job for me at Rover.



My Disability Employment Advisor, Felicity Davies, also telephone Rover on
my behalf but once again was told that there was no job for me at Rover
!


Shortly after this refusal my wife suffered a complete nervous breakdown and
I myself was treated for clinical depression.


I applied to the Industrial Tribunals and after an interlocutory hearing my
case eas et to be heard. Rover have been granted no less than 5
postponements and now my case is set for November 2000, though I am not
holding my breath for this to be heard.


In between all of this I appealed against the trustees descision via the
occupational health department based at Rover, Solihull. No answer was ever
given to me about my appeal!


I reapplied for ill health early retirement earlier this year and was sent
all the relevant papers stating how much my lump sum was to be and how much
my annual pension was to be. There was even a retirement date of 30/06/2000
on top of the document.


However, I was turned down once again by the trustees because I did not meet
the criteria. I have asked for reasons via my employment law advisor,
Suzanne Kynes Dobbie, but we have recieved no word from them.


We served a questionnaire on Rover in which they had 21 days to answer. They
have still not answered. They have had 2 months in which to do so.


I have contacted Bill Morriss, General Secetary of the T&G, who has passed
my papers on to regional secretarys of the union. Nothing has been resolved.


Earlier this year I was admitted to hospital after taking an overdose of
anti-depressants.
Rover were made aware of this via my employment law
advisor though this didn't seem to bother them.


I have many mounting bills and my marraige is becoming a sham because of all
of this.


I would therefore like a full and thorough investigation by yourself into
this matter.


Please DO NOT refer me to CAB's or to Union officials or to Opas.


Something wrong has occured here and it is my beleif that the T&G have
liased with Rover officials to set up this long term absence register as a
smokescreen to sacking someone.


I am at my lowest point in life and have seriously considered ending it all.

It is only my three small children who are preventing me from another
suicide attempt.


Please, Please help.


I can be contacted on 0121-624-0473


My employment law advisor can be contacted on 0121-777-0900.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.