blogs created to prevent or detect a crime http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1997/ukpga_19970040_en_1

This blog is brougt to you consistent with subsection 3 of the Protection from Harassment Act - i.e. blogs created to prevent or detect a crime http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1997/ukpga_19970040_en_1



Saturday 28 February 2009

22 Nov 2002 - "been on incapacity benefit for 5 years" (( strange that didn't prevent him from working @ NEC !! ))

source - http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk.community.social-housing/browse_thread/thread/5c5c4f6cd5fb65b8?hl=en-GB&ie=UTF-8&q=fiddy+divorce


My wife of 18 years and I have both decided to divorce. So far things are
pretty amicable with us agreeing that we should sell our house and split
everything down the middle. This will result in each of us gaining about
£30,000 each. My wife has already begun flat hunting for herself and the
kids and I have been scouring the net looking for property for myself.

My problem is that I have been on incapacity benefit for 5 years and have just recently been successful in my claim for Disability Living Allowance, albeit the lower rate.
I cannot apply for council housing as I am still deemed to be a homeowner.
However once the house is sold I shall be homeless if I do not have a place
to move into by then. Will I have to wait until then before I can apply for
housing from the council or is there a way around this?


I also have two Occupational Pensions that have been 'froze' due to me
leaving work and we both have the mortgage in joint names along with an
endowment policy. Would I be able to 'cash in' my Occupational Pensions due
to at last being recognised as having a disability and what happens about
the endowment policy my wife and I have?


I am desperate to move so I can rebuild my life again but am in no financial
position to move until the house is sold. Any guidance on this matter would
be really appreciated.


Many Thanks


Bob - Birmingham


---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
SEROXAT USERS GROUP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.