blogs created to prevent or detect a crime http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1997/ukpga_19970040_en_1

This blog is brougt to you consistent with subsection 3 of the Protection from Harassment Act - i.e. blogs created to prevent or detect a crime http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1997/ukpga_19970040_en_1



Tuesday 14 July 2009

Sarah Venn's father posts on BBC Panorama site - but no mention that he co-wrote/modified Healy's original withdrawal protocol


I have just watched the third series of Panorama addressing the very serious problems of patients taking Seroxat. I commend the production team for an excellent and balanced view that has hitherto been kept secret by GSKB.
I am Sarah Venn's father and I cried when watching the programme. I felt for the families of those who have lost loved ones. I have nursed and watched my daughter attempt to withdraw from Seroxat only to be there when she failed after 12 months of effort that you or I would have given up after one week. GSKB have only one interest - to make money.
Dr Benbow is a highly paid executive of GSK who only cares about his wealth, not the interests of the public who are prescribed the drugs the company he works for make. I was appalled to listen to Prof Sir Alasdair justify his position in not controlling the drugs agency. For me he should be sacked, not allowed to resign, and his knighthood taken away. I am a saddened father but thankful to your programme for bringing this very important topic to the attention of the people. Ernest Venn, England



http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/panorama/3708214.stm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.