blogs created to prevent or detect a crime http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1997/ukpga_19970040_en_1

This blog is brougt to you consistent with subsection 3 of the Protection from Harassment Act - i.e. blogs created to prevent or detect a crime http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1997/ukpga_19970040_en_1



Thursday 11 November 2010

"charity co-ordinator" Dr Andrew Isaac replies - confirms seroxatUSERgroup had no bank account

> From: "Andrew Isaac" andrew@seroxatusergroup.org.uk> > Date: 2003/06/30 Mon AM 08:30:08 GMT > To: red.ordead@ntlworld.com> > Subject: RE: urgent seroxat user group > > Dear Claire, > > Many thanks for your email and I will try and answer your questions as > best I can. The Bank account was due to be opened in January this year > but, because the committee members live so far apart it meant that every > one had to send their ID to their branch so that it could then be > forwarded to the branch we wanted to open it at - my local branch! There > was an error on the form that Janice Simmons had to correct, so the form > was sent to her. > > Janice was in the process of moving and caring for her husband John who > is going through the hell of withdrawal. This lost/cost us 3mnths where > it just wasn't possible for her to get to the bank. Since then the > problem has been when Janice has gone to her branch they say they cannot > open the account and it looks as though we will all have to be in the > same place at the same time - this will be on the 10th July - and the > account will be opened then. > > Online donations have been drawn on by Sarah V and then Paid to myself > to cover costs I have incurred re: the group. Things like train tickets > for the protest, postage and a large sum (from Best Magazine) was used > to pay for the website. Everything is above board and documented. > > I agree that it must be very frustrating that you cannot access the > website and would also agree that from a member's perspective the delay > in getting the bank account open can be seen as unacceptable. Please > remember that we are doing this in our spare time and work very hard. I > realise form the perspective of people who use the message board it > looks as though Sarah does everything but that isn't the case. > > Sarah definitely had the most public exposure but we all have > contributed roughly equal amount to the running of the group. I am in > correspondence with GSK, I wrote the four papers in the info section and > I also spent a very large amount of time analysing the Patient > Information Leaflets for Seroxat from countries around the world - the > resulting document being used by the solicitors. Due to my background as > a medical student I also explain the medical aspect of things to Janice > and Sarah so that we can present ideas to the MHRA in a coherent manner. > For example, Sarah was a bit confused as to how Seroxat work at the > receptor level and I explain this like this to her. > > As to your grave concerns about the management of the group if you can > give me a list clearly giving your explicit concerns I will do my best > to address them along with the rest of the committee. > > My apologies for any distress and inconvenience that this hiccup may > have cause and rest assured that we are on to it! > > Kind regards > > Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.