blogs created to prevent or detect a crime http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1997/ukpga_19970040_en_1

This blog is brougt to you consistent with subsection 3 of the Protection from Harassment Act - i.e. blogs created to prevent or detect a crime http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1997/ukpga_19970040_en_1



Friday 19 November 2010

AVANDIA informed consent - if u don't like it, don't take it !

AVANDIA informed consent - if u don't like it, don't take it !



http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/criticalpsychiatry/message/64675




http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/5/6/1899375//Avandia%20-%20HC%20Nov%2018-2010.pdf



AVANDIA® /AVANDAMET®/AVANDARYL® Patient Informed Consent -4- My doctor has recommended one of the following medicines to treat my diabetes (please check one of the boxes below, as appropriate):



â–¡ AVANDIA® â–¡ AVANDAMET® â–¡ AVANDARYL®



Please read this Patient Informed Consent ("Consent") and the individual Consumer Information for AVANDIA®/AVANDAMET®/AVANDARYL® and discuss any questions or concerns with your doctor before you sign this Consent.



Do not sign this Consent and do not take AVANDIA®/AVANDAMET®/AVANDARYL® if there is anything you do not understand about the information you have received.



I am aware that:



AVANDIA®/AVANDAMET®/AVANDARYL® are medicines used in addition to diet and exercise to lower blood sugar in people with type 2 diabetes when all other diabetes medicines taken orally (by mouth), either alone or in combinations, have not lowered blood sugar enough or are not appropriate.



Rosiglitazone, the active ingredient in AVANDIA® and one of the active ingredients in AVANDAMET® and AVANDARYL®, may increase the risk of serious heart problems, including:



• heart failure



• angina (chest pain)



• heart attack (myocardial infarction)



• fluid retention (with or without weight gain)



AVANDIA®/AVANDAMET®/AVANDARYL® should not be used if I have or have had heart problems.



There are other options to treat my diabetes, as explained by my doctor.



There are other risks associated with AVANDIA®/AVANDAMET®/AVANDARYL® that are outlined in the individual Consumer Information for AVANDIA®/ AVANDAMET®/AVANDARYL® and I have been given the opportunity to ask and discuss any questions or concerns about those risks with my doctor.



I understand that in order to be prescribed AVANDIA®/AVANDAMET®/ AVANDARYL®, I am required to sign this Consent.



AVANDIA® /AVANDAMET®/AVANDARYL® Patient Informed Consent -5- My doctor has explained the above to me, I have been given time to read this Consent and the individual Consumer Information for AVANDIA®/AVANDAMET®/AVANDARYL® carefully, and to discuss it with my doctor. I now authorize my doctor to continue/begin my treatment with AVANDIA®/AVANDAMET®/AVANDARYL®.



Patient or Legally Appointed Guardian signature lines are below. AVANDIA®/ AVANDAMET®/AVANDARYL® are not recommended for use in people under the age of 18.



Patient (and Legally Appointed Guardian if applicable) Name(s)



Please Print:________________________________________________________________



Patient / Legally Appointed Guardian Signature:



______________________________________________________________________________



Date _________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.