blogs created to prevent or detect a crime http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1997/ukpga_19970040_en_1

This blog is brougt to you consistent with subsection 3 of the Protection from Harassment Act - i.e. blogs created to prevent or detect a crime http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1997/ukpga_19970040_en_1



Wednesday 27 May 2009

Amazing intellect of Seroxat campaigner reveals - "I could have died as a result of suicide"

I suffered akathisia in 2004 following an attempted withdrawal from Seroxat and Diazepam, things became so bad that I was seriously contemplating suicide. I dialled 999 and was treated like a second class citizen both by the ambulance crew and hospital staff who asked me what I expected them to do about the situation. Akathisia was not recognised by the Dr's and who should have had me evaluated by a psychiatrist at Ninewells psychiatric unit Dundee which is within walking distance of the ER, I could have died as a result of suicide. The out of hours GP service were no better turning me away with no help, in the end I had to ask my sister who by this time was at her wits end to drive me 100 miles to my parents home. The following day things had progressed further with my having had no sleep for 7 days and I became even more suicidal and had become manic with plans of suicide. In a moment of lucidity I phoned my GP 100 miles away in Dundee who finding out my plans of committing suicide phoned a local GP surgery to be immediately evaluated and who in turn sent me to a psychiatric unit where eventually I received the treatment required, a massive dose of Lorazepam which quickly brought things under control. The NHS in Scotland are placing lives at risk day in day out!


http://74.125.77.132/search?q=cache:UGYC1uREpcUJ:www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/newsnight/2007/05/medical_morale.html+derek+scott+seroxat&cd=28&hl=en&ct=clnk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.