blogs created to prevent or detect a crime http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1997/ukpga_19970040_en_1

This blog is brougt to you consistent with subsection 3 of the Protection from Harassment Act - i.e. blogs created to prevent or detect a crime http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1997/ukpga_19970040_en_1



Friday 9 December 2011

Prof David Healy outlines his work for pHARMa in his own words - FIDDAMAN & Scientology misrepresents


extract -


Some testimony under oath in Cassidy v Eli Lilly, taken in Chicago, on November 21, 2001, under questioning from A See, attorney for Lilly, might be of use here. I have left the text complete with redundancies











See: You have served as a consultant to Pharmacia and Upjohn regarding their antidepressant reboxetine?

H: Yes, I have.

See: You have done clinical work for them?

H: No, I have done no clinical trials. I have served as a consultant for them. I have been a speaker for them, but done no clinical work.

See: You have gone to speak in front of peer groups?

H: Yes.

See: About Reboxetine?

H: I primarily talked about the role of the drug acting on the [norepinephrine] system in the case of people who were depressed.

See: And it happens that that's the way reboxetine works?

H: Absolutely, yes.

See: And you have been compensated for that?

H: I have indeed.

See: Did you perform that work at the request of Pharmacia and Upjohn and your receipt of compensation from them for performing education functions and so on, did that make you a biased person?

H: I'm sure that the receipt of funds from Pharmacia and Upjohn as well as the receipt of funds from Lilly and SmithKline and others has biased me, yes. I think some sort of bias is inevitable. It is an issue of trying to manage that bias.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.