blogs created to prevent or detect a crime http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1997/ukpga_19970040_en_1

This blog is brougt to you consistent with subsection 3 of the Protection from Harassment Act - i.e. blogs created to prevent or detect a crime http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1997/ukpga_19970040_en_1



Thursday 15 September 2011

Paxilprogress - Laurie Yorke - critical of scientology sites as she feels they are way too extreme

http://www.dr-bob.org/babble/20100829/msgs/960409.html


Thank you for mentioning paxil progress as that is the site where I learned how to taper and as a result, was successful in getting off of 4 meds. By the way, they advocate reducing the med 10% of current dose every 3 to 6 weeks. Some people do go more slowly and I had to near the end of my taper.




I also wanted to say that it is not an antipsychiatry site. The owner, Laurie Yorke, has been very critical of scientology sites as she feels they are way too extreme. A few posters have encountered psychiatrists who were very helpful.



What we deplore are dealing with psychiatrists who commonly deny symptoms of withdrawal and attribute everything to the label. But that that doesn't mean we are anti psychiatry.



Also, many people on the site, chose to stay on medication and are definitely welcomed.



As far as post SSRI problems, I found that because my body seems to be so sensitive to supplements, I can't take things that would help. So right now, I pretty much stick to a basic multivitamin and fish oil. As a result, I pretty much have to simply wait until my problems clear up which are primarily brain fog and related problems.



But if you can take supplements, the suggestions I saw were good.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.