blogs created to prevent or detect a crime http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1997/ukpga_19970040_en_1

This blog is brougt to you consistent with subsection 3 of the Protection from Harassment Act - i.e. blogs created to prevent or detect a crime http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1997/ukpga_19970040_en_1



Tuesday 16 August 2011

SEROXAT Andrew Isaac becomes DR Andrew Isaac (GMC 6144320) - proves NO LASTING side-effects

Dear Mr Bridge

Dr Sarah Myhill Case Reference: PB/C1-314994282

I am a GMC registered doctor (GMC 6144320) and I have just become aware of the complaint made against Dr Sarah Myhill regarding her website.

For the record I would like to state the following

1. As a medical doctor I find the website a useful source of information and from the pages I have viewed fail to see how patient or public safety is compromised.
2. I am very ill with ME, Dr Myhill has cared for me for a long time now and I have found her to be a kind, compassionate doctor. More importantly medically she is more than competent and I have never found any deficiencies in her practice. My health will be put at risk if you remove her licence to practice as no other doctor in the UK understands the complexities of my case as well as her.
3. I would like to attend her Fitness to Practice hearing, and give evidence. To this end please forward me a all details regard this complaint and the GMC’s concerns about Dr Myhill – please consider this a formal request under the Freedom of Information Act

I am aware this is not the first time the GMC has seen fit to bring unsubstantiated complaints against Dr Myhill. Every time the complaint is “theoretical” i.e. no patient or member of the public has suffered harm and on every occasion the complaint is dropped. It is noteworthy that not one of these complaints has ever been brought by a patient of Dr Myhill’s. As a relative outsider looking in there does appear to be a suspicious undercurrent of people who don’t agree with Dr Myhill’s view and approach submitting frivolous and unsubstantiated complaints to the GMC. Whilst I appreciate the GMC has a duty to protect the public it also has a duty to sensibly assess these complaints and thus far it appears that has not happened on previous occasions (otherwise why were the complaints dropped?). I have concerns that my GMC membership fee is being spent inappropriately in this manner.

I do find it concerning that when Mr Charles Medawar of Social Audit, raised the possibility of a complaint against Dr Alistair Benbow of GSK for making false claims about Seroxat’s safety on the Panorama show he was told that no complaint could be made as no individual patient had been put at risk. There seems to be double standards operating here.

I look forward to receiving full details of the complaint and details of how to attend hearing.

Yours sincerely



Dr Andrew Isaac



source - http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:YkniLCkcUFYJ:www.supportdrmyhill.co.uk/dr_isaac.html+dr+andrew+isaac&hl=en&gl=uk&strip=1



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.