blogs created to prevent or detect a crime http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1997/ukpga_19970040_en_1

This blog is brougt to you consistent with subsection 3 of the Protection from Harassment Act - i.e. blogs created to prevent or detect a crime http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1997/ukpga_19970040_en_1



Monday 16 November 2009

Rob Robinson pledges to use his GSK compensation to create "Paxil Withdrawal Clinics"

I am pledging to use whatever monetary damages a jury awards me in my lawsuit against Paxil's manufacturer and distributor, GlaxoSmithKline, for use by SSRI Citizen

create a free (U.S.domiciled) Paxil withdrawal clinic, along with a Paxil withdrawal victims' hardship fund.



http://www.paxilprogress.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8968

I appreciate the question. Like Darcy I am here in an effort to help others whose lives have been mauled, mutilated or otherwise maimed by this hideous poison masquerading as an "safe and effective" ... drug.




As to why "now" I don't know. Perhaps because I am far enough along in recovery to be able to do it. And because I believe, quite simply, it is the right thing to do.



I know what many of you are going through because I've taken everything Paxil can dish out -- and then some. Only survivors like me fully understand how horrific Paxil withdrawal can be. It defies description. How the Banda Aceh region looks now after the Asian tsunami struck is what Paxil withdrawal was like for me (and for many of you who frequent PaxilProgress) -- utter and incomprehensible devastation on an unimaginable scale. Family and friends, supportive as they may be, are simply not able to connect in as powerful and meaningful a way as one Paxil victim can to another. I see myself as sharing something special with all of you who are going through (or have survived) this monstrous once-in-a-lifetime trial. In a way WE are family.



That said, you'll appreciate why I am pledging to use whatever monetary damages a jury awards me in my lawsuit against Paxil's manufacturer and distributor, GlaxoSmithKline, for use by SSRI Citizen (www.SSRIcitizen.org) to:



1) Dramatically expand the organization's ability to warn the public about the dangers of Paxil, and to build a state of the art Internet-based Paxil information clearinghouse.



2) If possible, create a free (U.S.domiciled) Paxil withdrawal clinic, along with a Paxil withdrawal victims' hardship fund.



GSK is, in no manner whatsoever, interested in doing either of the above ... I believe the world deserves no less. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.