blogs created to prevent or detect a crime http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1997/ukpga_19970040_en_1

This blog is brougt to you consistent with subsection 3 of the Protection from Harassment Act - i.e. blogs created to prevent or detect a crime http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1997/ukpga_19970040_en_1



Tuesday 21 December 2010

Not Lithium - Not Seroquel - Not nexium caused Susan's kidneys to fail

Update On Lithium Toxicity (I hope this will clear up any confusion)   


http://ifyouregoingthoughhellkeepgoing.blogspot.com/2010/12/update-on-lithium-toxicity-i-hope-this.html

There seems to be some miscommunication going around the blogosphere what caused my kidneys to fail. I fear I might have accidentally added to it.  



I saw the GP yesterday. Here is the official scoop, which I hope will end any confusion.



The official result that was sent to the insurance company is from "Unknown Etymology".

My GP told my mother he thinks it was from an over the counter pain pill I had taken 18 hours before for menstrual cramps. I took two pills, and in 18 hours they had left my system by then.



However the second time I was admitted to the hospital I spoke to several doctors and interns who actually took the time to sit down with me and go over the meds I have been on and said it was from lithium poisoning but they would never swear to that on the record.



I was premature when I blogged from my hospital bed it might have been from Nexium or Seroquel, the results from the biopsy had not come in and the doctors were just shooting theories at me, and I was desperate to tell people I am alive. NO RESULTS WERE KNOWN AT THE TIME BECAUSE THE BIOPSY GOT LOST AND IT TOOK TWO WEEKS TO GET THE RESULTS. When I spoke to another blogger on the phone two weeks ago, the biopsy had not come in. No one knew at the time what the official reason was.



So I admit I made a huge mistake in blogging what it might and might not have been. We learn from our mistakes and I am truly sorry for any confusion I might have caused. It was not my intent.



And for those who still might doubt me, at the time of my admission, there was only Seroquel and lithium in my blood stream. No other drugs. I take Nexium once a week. And there was the OTC pill I had taken for cramps 18 hours prior. I had taken the Nexium pill several days earlier, so it was not in my blood stream. Nexium did not show up on the biopsy. You can draw your own conclusions.



Again, I am sorry for any misconceptions that are going around the blogosphere. If there is any questions, please don't hesitate to email me at Hollythecat at gmail. com

I understand if anyone is angry at me because of this, It was not my intention.



I have stated the complete facts as they are totally known.



Sincerely,

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.