blogs created to prevent or detect a crime http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1997/ukpga_19970040_en_1

This blog is brougt to you consistent with subsection 3 of the Protection from Harassment Act - i.e. blogs created to prevent or detect a crime http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1997/ukpga_19970040_en_1



Friday 29 August 2008

playing the discrimination card July 2000 ........& says I am ready & willing to return to work

http://groups.google.com/group/UK.media.newspapers/tree/browse_frm/month/2000-07?_done=%2Fgroup%2Fuk.media.newspapers%2Fbrowse_frm%2Fmonth%2F2000-07%3F



discriminated against



1. BOB FIDDAMAN View profile
More options Jul 4 2000, 8:00 am

Newsgroups: uk.media.newspapers
From: "BOB FIDDAMAN"
Date: 2000/07/04
Subject: discriminated against
Reply to author | Forward | Print | Individual message | Show original | Remove | Report this message | Find messages by this author
I have been been off work for the past four years due to developing
osteoarthritis of both hips. I have asked for a return to work but my
employer, a major car firm, say that there are no jobs for me. I cannot do
my old job as they have declined to make reasonable adjustments to my work
area. I have been turned down by the pension trustees for ill health early
retirement because I do not meet their criteria. I have also been told that
I cannot apply for voluntary redundancy because persons on the long term
absence register cannot apply.

To recap - I am ready and willing to return to work
There is no alternative work for me
I cannot be medically retired because I do not meet the criteria
I cannot have voluntary redundancy because I am on the long term absence
register.


I have been told that if I have a double hip replacement then I may be
offered my job back.
However, my consultant has told me that he does not invisage any surgery at
present.


Could someone on this newsgroup please give me email addresses of
politicians who may be able to help me. Particularly those concerned with
disability issues


Thank you for your time




Reply to author Forward Rate this post:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.