blogs created to prevent or detect a crime http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1997/ukpga_19970040_en_1

This blog is brougt to you consistent with subsection 3 of the Protection from Harassment Act - i.e. blogs created to prevent or detect a crime http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1997/ukpga_19970040_en_1



Saturday 13 March 2010

Seroxat "has made me a danger" - Bob Fiddaman states in letter to Sunday Mercury

Letter: Drug has made me a danger
Sunday Mercury (Birmingham, England), June 27, 2004


I READ with great interest the story of Faye Elliot from Gloucestershire regarding her plight with the antidepressant Seroxat. I, like Faye, am part of the Online Seroxat Support Group and have had horrendous side-effects from this so-called 'wonder drug'.


Fortunately, I am now Seroxat-free, coming off the drug 'cold turkey' over four months ago. This was my fourth attempt to come off after being prescribed them by my GP over six years ago.

During those six years, I made one suicide attempt, separated from my wife and three children and lost my job. The effects have had a devastating effect on my life.

Seroxat has changed me as a person -I no longer wish to be in social situations because I fear for the safety of whoever says the wrong thing to me.

A lot of my anger is vented toward the company that manufacture the drug, Glaxo SmithKlein (GSK), for their lies and deceit on the general public.

This anti-depressant should be banned immediately whilst there is a public inquiry.

The frustration and anger inside me grow each day, particularly recently as there have been many stories regarding people's struggles with this demon drug.

I do not blame the GPs or psychiatrists -they have been kept as much in the dark as the patients. Something needs to be done and it needs to be seen to be done with immediate effect otherwise there will be more stories of suicide or homicidal tendencies.

I hope one day that the powers-that-be at GSK and the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), a board set up to grant licences to pharmaceu-tical companies, are force-fed this drug for a six-week period -then taken off it. Let's see them suffer the electric-like zaps through the body, the profuse sweating, the bouts of insomnia, the bouts of parasomnia, the rage and fury. Let them lose their wife and kids, their job, their friends, their sanity.

I applaud the Sunday Mercury for shedding light on this matter.

The Online Seroxat Support Group can be contacted via fiddaman64@blueyonder.co.uk

BOB FIDDAMAN Quinton Birmingham

http://findarticles.com/p/news-articles/sunday-mercury-birmingham-england/mi_7995/is_2004_June_27/letter-drug-danger/ai_n37255173/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.