blogs created to prevent or detect a crime http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1997/ukpga_19970040_en_1

This blog is brougt to you consistent with subsection 3 of the Protection from Harassment Act - i.e. blogs created to prevent or detect a crime http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1997/ukpga_19970040_en_1



Monday 27 October 2008

& to round off we show Seroxat guru Derek Scott stating - Prozac withdrawal worse than Seroxat

That article made me angry as well, condescending bastards, and coming just days after members of this group met with MP’s inclusive of Paul Flynn MP mentioned in that article. Be careful of Prozac Katie, it was on the third and 4th week that I started experiencing Prozac withdrawal because of the longer half life. If you feel suicidal, or agitated it’s the withdrawal of the drug that has made you feel that way. But I do agree with you in that you do find that you have much more energy, get your appetite back and generally feel… alive again once successfully weaned off Seroxat/Prozac. Unlike you however I have found myself suffering intense anxiety, suicidal thoughts and continued Seroxat withdrawal symptoms months later despite not being on any antidepressant medications whatsoever. I did suffer such symptoms on Seroxat but they became much much worse on Prozac and even after successful withdrawal are still present. No amount of Lorazepam seems able to shift it. I never suffered suicidal thoughts before being prescribed Seroxat in October 2000, therefore clearly that drug has damaged my brain/body, something GlaxoSmithKline and the mendacious MHRA knew full well could occur (in a proportion of patients prescribed it) from the outset yet the drug was provided with a license! Licensed and we (adults and children alike) are the ones suffering as a direct result of that and yet the Government and her ministers who sanctioned the prescribing of that dangerous/addictive antidepressant medicine (and medicine class) could not care less. At the meeting before MP’s last week I brought up the issue of a Government compensation scheme for patients damaged by licensed prescription medications, I was not listened to the proposal fell on deaf ears. I don’t know why I bother.



Derek.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.